Monday, September 25, 2006

Back in the Saddle

It's been a very long time- nearly six months- since my last post. Like many of you, I have had a number of life changing events occur over the past several months. Some bad, most of them good, but the end result is that I've gotten out of my weekly writing habit. For those of you who find my column useful in navigating your performance management challenges, I can only say I'm sorry, and commit to making it up to you in the coming weeks.

As of Monday, September 25th, I will resume posting my weekly column on Performance Management issues and perspectives. As my regular readers know, I try to use everyday experiences- from job to family to sports- and all in-between, to share poignant themes about the challenges performance managers face everyday. You may agree or disagree with my conclusions, but my hope is that they will make you think "outside of the box" about ways to improve this performance management arena that so many of us find ourselves in today.

You'll see a few changes in the readership, distribution, and content- as I am with a new consulting organization, and may from time to time need to work within certain restrictions. But my intent is to keep the themes and conclusions relevant to all of us whether we are in consulting, private industry, or the technology space in which I personally spent my last six years.

PM weekly will be posted on the same Blog site as before, as well as a number of different article distribution vehicles. The format will be similar, and I will be encouraging, and posting, reader feedback as well as bringing in guest authors from time to time.

I appreciate the loyalty of the readership, and look forward to seeing all of you online in the coming months.

-b


Author: Bob Champagne is a Vice President of Performance Management Solutions with UMS Group, Inc., a privately held management international consulting organization specializing in Performance Management tools, systems, and solutions. Included in UMS Group's product portfolio are a wide variety of performance tracking, reporting, and benchmarking solutions, as well as customized performance assessments and diagnostic services . UMS Group clients have consulted with hundreds of companies across numerous industries and geographies. Visit ePGI at http://www.umsgroup.com/ or contact us directly at 908-656-1179.